Thursday 10 November 2011

Wedding planning and the monster with-in!

Gah...I am planning a wedding. I realize the beginning of that statement would indicate I am less than excited to be doing so. Not necessarily the case, I'm ecstatic, overjoyed and humbled to be marrying the love of my life. It's all the other stuff involved that makes my stomach want to jump out of my skin.
You always think about your wedding, and the people you want there to help you celebrate your day with you. You picture a beautiful venue with gorgeous decorations and perfect weather. The cake is spectacular, the band slays and at the end of the night you and your guests leave smiling and elated...
You never stop to realize how daunting a task it will be to achieve all of that!
We've begun the process with a budget...we'll see how long we can make that stick. We also have a tentative list of invitees (real word...who knows?) It's amazing how many people pop out of the recesses of your memory when making a guest list. Then there's the realization that if we invite that person we have to invite this person in order to avoid WW III...deep breath.
Destination Wedding is sounding great at this point...but I know in my heart of hearts, I would be disappointed in the long run if we took this route. I want the spectacle on our behalf. I want one day to be all ours, one day in history to celebrate our love and everyone we love there to experience it with us. Selfish...yes, and not ashamed.
In closing, if you find that I seem a little jumpy, cranky or self absorbed, don't worry or be offended, it's not you, I'm just planning a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment