Saturday 19 November 2011

I may well be the Wedding Grinch...


A pretty accurate depiction of how I am feeling!
Thank you Walterio!
For the last two days, my head has been swimming with wedding, mainly with precisely where it should take place. It's amazing how little we have in this town for choice of indoor locations. I had a place and for a minute I thought I had it all figured out; YAY ME!, until someone informed me that while was able to have the reception there, I would not be able to hold the ceremony at said location due to religious conflicts. (deep breath) While I realize that perhaps this should have been apparent to me considering the venue, which is adjoined to a church, it would have been nice to hear that little tid-bit of information from the individual doing the renting. Every place I've inquired at since is either too small, too busy or just plain too expensive. Dollar signs are slowly drilling a hole into my patience and resolve. While I continue to plod thru the mire that is wedding planning, trying to keep my smile, I will admit that I have cried in the past two days. I thought I was holding it together, thought I had a really amazing handle on my emotions if I did say so myself...but alas, I was wrong. Now please understand I didn't think this whole process was going to be an easy, carefree one; but, I was under the assumption that I would be able to make it thru the first month of planning, at the very least, before blubbering like a fool on the phone to my future sister-in-law. Let me apologize publicly for that! You know who you are, please forgive me. I would also like to apologize to my future husband (if he doesn't jump ship before this is all over) for starting to bawl 10 mins after he arrived home from a 10hr work day! Apologies done, now onto the thank yous!
Here's where I give a big shout out to all those people who have taken a second out of their days to offer a kind word, supportive suggestion or just a little joke to put that smile back on my face. I am fully aware that I am not the first woman, nor am I by any means the last that will be trudging thru this nuptial nightmare. To all those that have come before me, you are amazing! To all those yet to begin the planning, they tell me it will all be worth it it the end...I believe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment