Friday 25 November 2011

The road to hell is paved with these.

It has happened again. This certainly isn't the first time and I fear it won't be the last either, in spite of my good intentions.
Like every year, the months of September, October...now November have slipped past me, with me buying nary a gift. I always say to myself  "I really need to start my Christmas shopping early this year, so I can get it done without losing my mind!" Usually this inner thought is thunk somewhere between August & October. Then, somehow, I lose all ability to recall having said conversation with myself until I have only a month left to get my shopping done. Once I finally pull my self together and get on the shopping bandwagon, it takes me forever to scour the planet for those perfect presents. I dislike buying things for people that I am afraid they will never use. I do my very best to find meaningful yet practical gifts for my friends, something that they can hopefully tell was specially chosen for them and not just bought on the fly.  I thoroughly enjoy this process, and I can't wait to see the joy my presents bring to peoples faces. It kills me to not be there when they open it, and while I realize that might be selfish, it's another one of my guilty pleasures. I love bringing smiles to peoples faces, showing them how much they mean to me with a special gift carefully handpicked  for them. I do this year round with birthdays and the such, but Christmas is like the mother load! So much happy to give all at once!
Why, you may ask,  does it take so long to begin this process that brings me so much happiness? The only answer I can think of is that I work better under pressure.I am the Queen of Procrastination. SO far, it seems to be working for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment