Thursday 17 November 2011

Wedding dresses and What not to wear!

Today the Canada Post Faeries delivered my Wedding dress...can you say EXCITED! (picture me doing a happy dance while hugging a garment bag) To my surprise, along with the dress came a hand written note. It is refreshing to know that a complete stranger would take the time out of their day to do something so thoughtful. I must remember to pay this forward!
Next topic: This is sort of a continuation of my whole getting old complex. I feel as if I'm at a point in my life where I need to update my wardrobe. Not just because it's out dated, but because it's pretty much non-existent. I cleaned my drawers and closet out while in the midst of a pregnant hormonal surge brought on by the fact that "nothing fit". I look back now with hormone free hindsight and realize this was perhaps not the best decision, as I no longer have anything to wear. I wish someone had stopped me. On the other hand...who is going to get in the way of a pregnant lady and say "That isn't a good idea!"  So I'm left with 2 pairs of jeans and a limited supply of tank tops, which apparently passed the test. I wish some of my long sleeved shirts had survived. Now, I would like to start re-stocking, but at 31 I feel like I'm at a cross roads in the fashion world. I am in between young and mature (you like that? I think that word will replace "old" for me from now on!) I find it difficult to choose what I should be putting on my body, always acutely aware that there is a possibility I may end up looking like those ladies who are trying to be 18 again. Don't act like you don't know what I mean. We've all seen them, and even if we don't say it out loud, we feel a little sorry for them. I do, anyways. I will not let myself go there. I will grow "mature" gracefully and with style. This brings me to my hope of hopes. I wish with all my might that one day there will be a What not to Wear Canada! There will be friendly little Stacey and Clinton-esque Canucks who are just chomping at the bit to help out our county's fashion challenged citizens. Then my wonderful, thoughtful friends will nominate me to receive the $5000 to be made over into sexy little diva! Until then...I'll just fumble my way thru the racks, avoiding the booty shorts ;)

3 comments:

  1. Love the blog!

    And if you ever need a 'mature' gal to go shopping with or just have a coffee, look me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanna know what I did... even though I love clothing.. sometimes I just can't figure out what would be appropriate. GO into the store of choice and be honest with the sales rep- they ARE there to help you and with being honest, they will most likely suit you up with attire that is FOR YOU, if you look good, they look good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do try and do that Katie...but it would still be nice to get $5000 to buy some clothes! ;)

    ReplyDelete