Sunday 13 November 2011

The joys of online shopping and new-old friends

You may be getting sick of me...you might even be saying to yourself; "Sheesh, how much does this woman feel she needs to share?!" If so, I apologize. I also apologize if you would never utter the word Sheesh, if so, insert the appropriate word into the above quotation! I may give you a break from me tomorrow, but today just couldn't be put to bed without a little blogging!
I bought my wedding dress! I did it and I couldn't be more excited! After a few days of humming and hawing over it, weighing all the pros and cons, consulting the tarot cards and having a gypsy read my fortune, I decided it was a good idea. In other words...it took me a little while to commit to it ;) Being relatively new to the whole process, I struggled with sending a stranger my money, blindly hoping they weren't waiting at the other end of the transaction, giggling about "how gullible some people are", while having no intentions of ever sending the purchased item. My mind was soon put at ease by the fact that Pay Pal keeps records of all transactions and the fact that I have about 7 e-mails to back me up should the seller try and pull a fast one. In the end, I am satisfied that the lady I purchased the dress from is on the up & up, and that I made a good decision! Did I mention I get a free veil out of the deal too? SCORE!
To finish off such a great day, I attended a baby shower for a girl I know. I was both surprised (because we haven't ever been really close) and honored to be invited. I hastily crocheted a little monkey toque and tried to shake the nervousness I felt about going. I didn't really think I'd know anyone else there, and was worried that I would be that girl in the corner no one talks to. I was so pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had! It was beautiful to see how much love surrounds my friend. At the same time, it was so relieving to realize that I still have the ability to function in social situations. It's been so long since I've had to meet new people and put myself out there, I was afraid I'd lost the basic skills.
What a Saturday! New Dress, new women to talk to and a ever growing sense of confidence! Bring it on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. good job hun. i also feel the same way about"social situations". the more i stay at home the more im thinking that i won't be able to make any new friend... on another note good for you for not sitting still and keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete