Wednesday 30 November 2011

Singing my life away.

In the search for wedding music, I've re-discovered Youtube. I have also re-discovered  my love to sing along with Youtube, as well as any music that may be playing. Pretty much, if I know the words, I'm in there like a dirty shirt (<--what does that mean, anyhow?!?) Much to my future Husband's disdain, this obsession includes television commercials. I won't even realise that I'm doing it. Suddenly, there I am, repeating the jingle for some random product word for word. Don't even get me started about singing in the car! I'm convinced that my man puts in music I don't know the lyrics to on purpose. I can't help it...it's a sickness. In all honesty though, I gladly welcome it back. I used to sing constantly. Whether I was at home or work, if I was in a good mood, I was belting out a tune! I love the way I feel when I full on, no reserves sing my heart out. As her brother before her, my daughter takes the full brunt of my vocals. So far she has been a willing participant in the personal live music show her life has become, not that she can really get away from it. I am currently stuck on a few Jann Arden songs and one well known Jewel tune that used to sound particularily amazing while sung stocking the cooler at Super Save! That was until I was informed by a co-worker that I could be heard through-out the store. No more cooler concerts for me! Counting Crows is another band that gets quite a lot of air time from my lungs. I can recite the lyrics from August and Everything After in my sleep, and who knows, maybe I do. I would love to be a professional singer someday. What an amazing thing that would be. Getting up there and doing something that makes me feel so alive for a living, wow. Who knows. For now, I am happy to sing my little girl to sleep. Que Sera, Sera.

2 comments:

  1. OK - after reading this post, I'm CERTAIN we are sisters and just separated at birth. I'm the same way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love singing too! We had a road trip today and I sang the whole way while Abril slept. She woke up excitedly saying, "Sing songs! Sing songs!"

    ReplyDelete