Thursday 10 November 2011

Beautiful

(this blog was started 2 days ago, got a little sidetracked with Darling Daughter...)

I woke up this morning to snow on the ground, on the van...on the EVERYWHERE! My initial reaction was; " Here we go again, blah, I hate winter" All the shoveling, slopping thru slush  in boots that never seem to be quite as waterproof as they claim to be, dressing and undressing, then re-dressing for outings, and the inevitable trap that Revelstoke becomes at this time of year. I could feel the dread creeping in, then I looked out the window again, and saw the snow on the ground, on the van, on the everywhere and noticed how beautiful it all was. I got motivated and decided to take Hailey for her first walk thru the winter wonderland that Revelstoke is. I marvel I can live in a place like this and sometimes be completely oblivious to the splendor that surrounds me. 30 plus years will do that I guess. This morning though, it couldn't be ignored, and I was actually a little surprised that there weren't more people out enjoying it. We had the greenbelt to ourselves. I think if Hailey had been a little older, she may have grown tired of my constant stopping to take "just one more" picture.
I hope I can maintain this positive outlook through the upocoming winter, though I am sure there will be days when I need to refer to the pictures I took to remind me not to curse and swear about the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment