Thursday 15 December 2011

You are what you attract

After reading a post from one of my fellow bloggers this evening, I can't help but find myself in total understanding. She spoke so concisely about something I truly believe. People, things and happenings in our lives exist because we attract them to us. Both positive and negative. I have always tried my best to look at things in an optimistic way. The glass is always half full for me. From every tragedy in our lives, there is knowledge to be gained and in turn made into something good for the future. Some tragedies, unfortunately, are final, but even these I tend to mourn positively...if that makes sense? I can't personally dwell on things I cannot change. Instead, I try my best to remember what it was that made this person so special to lose. I do feel pain, don't get me wrong, sometimes so much so it's physical, but mostly I reflect happily.
What understanding did I acquire then, if this was already something I practise as a basis for living? It makes perfect sense to me now why I have felt so drawn to her, why I have seen so much familiarity in the ways she goes about her family and work. I feel honoured to know her and to have been able to work with her in the past, and now in the future as we take this new step in life. I am positive her pictures will bring to life the love we have for each other and I look forward to sharing our day with her.

On a side note, I recommend the Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield...good read! (I own it if you would like to borrow ;) )

The Celestine Prophecy is a 1993 novel by James Redfield that discusses various psychological and spiritual ideas which are rooted in many ancient Eastern Traditions and New Age spirituality. The main character of the novel undertakes a journey to find and understand a series of nine spiritual insights on an ancient manuscript in Peru. The book is a first-person narrative of the narrator's spiritual awakening as he goes through a transitional period of his life

No comments:

Post a Comment