Friday 9 December 2011

Small pleasures

I love the smell of gingerbread, the taste of gingerbread, and who knows,one day I might even love the process of baking gingerbread! For now, I'll settle for the nice pre-made kit from my trusty grocery store! I adore doing little projects with my son, but recently I have been guilty of being too busy. I feel ashamed even saying this, I should never be too busy for my children. But with the last 6 months filled with feeding, changing, screaming, 20 min naps, repeat, I have been a little selfish with any spare time that comes my way. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been completely neglecting my boy, I just personally feel I could be spending a little more time with him before he decides I suck and wants nothing to do with me anymore. I have been accused on more than one occasion of coddling...and that may be true, but I can't help it. So tonight while daddy kept the little one occupied, I sat down with my not so little man  and we decorated the shit out of a gingerbread house! I may have not mentioned this before, but if you know me well enough, you might already know, I am a control freak! If I see something being done that I just assume I could do better, I will jump in and try to take over. This is one of my less appealing characteristics, but I am aware of it, and try very hard to control it, especially when it comes to working on things with Noah. I am always pleasantly surprised when I do manage to suppress my urge. I love watching his gears turning as he decides where to put the next little piece of candy, after he eats "just one more". Who knows, I might just have the Next Great Baker on my hands...but I should probably teach him how to bake gingerbread first ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, my sister from another time - you are SO like me!! Love the house and the open comments about being a control freak!! I'm the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every moment is spent well when it should be. :)

    ReplyDelete