Wednesday 28 December 2011

and now for resolutions...

Ahhhhhh...Christmas is done. Time to sit back, undo the top button of my pants and relax! Oh, if only this was the case.. Wedding thoughts are surging back in quickly to replace the now fleeting holiday ones.
Custom made Crayons®!
It was a fabulous Christmas though! My first one hosting, my first turkey, not to mention my little girls first one too! The day started at 7 am with gifts and  I'm sure you would all agree that there is nothing better than watching some one open a gift you chose for them, except of course, if said person is a child. So much fun watching the anticipation build, those eyes light up, that smile begin to form, and finally, that look of complete happiness! While Hailey isn't quite there yet, her brother gave me all the joy of giving I needed. One gift we purchased for Noah was the Crayola® Crayon Maker, but I think I am having more fun with it than he is! The day slowly transitioned from our presents, to presents from the Grand-folk, into an afternoon of snacks and lovely conversation, all culminating in a wonderful sit down dinner in our tiny, humble kitchen. While the dishes weren't fancy, the company was fantastic. As I sat down in my chair and  filled my wine glass, all I could think was how lucky I am to have the wonderful, amazing family I do...as well as "Thank GOD for Pinot Blanc!" I can still feel the glow from that day (and quite possibly the wine, as it was only my second drink since weaning Hailey!)
Now, as the New Year quickly approaches, I find myself once again drowning in thoughts of invitations, meal planning and making a resolution to stop eating all the damned goodies that are still hanging around the house!

1 comment:

  1. Your tablet looks lovely! So glad to hear you have had a wonderful holiday season!

    Now onto New Year's and all the glory that 2012 will bring us!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete