Wednesday 8 February 2012

The unexpected

Well, here I am, writing my blog on an unexpected new laptop while my soon to be husband spends the first of 14 nights night in Grande Prairie on an unexpected work foray. The laptop is a welcome addition to the family, when I can put the cost out of my mind and simply appreciate not having to be stuck to a desk while using it. Friday night our trusty desktop bought the farm, good thing we had plans for a trip to Kelowna already in the works for the next day, Revelstoke is certainly not the place to make electronic purchases!
That being said, Grande Prairie is definitely not on my list of happy surprises! Work is work, and it must be done in order to enjoy the better things in life (ie: laptops) but I enjoy having my other half a little closer that 12 hours away. Perhaps I will feel differently after a few years of marriage ;), but for now...
So, to all of the ladies and men out there who watch their partners leave for long stretches on a regular basis, you have my admiration.
On a happier note, 80 more days until the wedding! Hopefully only happy surprises until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment