Saturday 2 June 2012

Get outta my way!

Yesterday, bought a second hand bike trailer = :). Today, rain = :( Tomorrow, hopefully sun and an amazing ride along Revelstoke's very own green belt = :D I NEED to get out, I NEED to get moving and I NEED to quit snacking.
A wise woman once said, "The only one standing in your way is you!" While this was something I was already well aware of, it is the one thing that keeps resonating with me over and over. I find myself thinking it at least once a day, usually during my morning "I-have-nothing-to-wear-that-doesn't-make-me-feel-terrible" ritual. Sometimes, if I am having a particularly crappy day, it will creep up mid snack. One thing that is becoming all to apparent is my need to get the F outta my way and get healthy while doing so.
I have started to make some conscious choices about my diet. Cutting out eating after dinner has been one of the hardest. I like to snack. It is not a hunger thing. Maybe boredom? Perhaps a leftover oral fixation from being a smoker? Whatever it is, it's not healthy. When I do snack, I try to find something that is a least beneficial. My favorite right now is banana chips with cranberries mixed in. Mmmmm. Now if only I could get portions down...
Physical activity is another story. I don't sit around all day by any means, but it's not like I'm some sort of aerobic bunny either. My biggest issue in this department is knowing where to start.  Being back to work is at least adding some much needed variety to my movement. It occurs to me that while I am sitting here making the excuse that I can't figure out the best time to begin a routine, I could be doing just that... Now obviously 11:30 at night isn't the ideal time for a workout, but you get my point.
So, dear readers, hopefully tomorrow, with my new bike trailer, the bike I will borrowing and my wished for sunshine, I will quit making so many damn excuses and get out of my way. Here's to happy, healthy, harmonious me! Give me a call if you want to join in ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment