Sunday 22 January 2012

Blah to winter blues

Ever feel lost and scattered? Of course you have. Ever feel as if there really isn't a good reason for it? Probably. Are you feeling this way right now? If so, I'm right there with you.
I spend most of my days alternating between entertaining my little people and taking care of the house. Day in day out. Wash, rinse, repeat. I have full intentions of doing something more spectacular with my time, something above and beyond the every day chores, something that will break the monotony, wake me from my funk. Every morning I wake up thinking "maybe today" Unfortunately, as the days of my maternity leave tick away, I find I am disappointed with how I have spent them and their lack of fantastic.
I will stop you right there. I am not disappointed with the time I have spent nurturing my little ones. That time is valued and valuable. I am referring to the rest of the time and what could have been achieved had it been spent to it's full potential.
I look back on my blog and I wonder where all of the frenzy has gone from my life. I had so much get up and go in the beginning. November's fervour has been replaced by January's apathy. It all baffles me a little, though I really only have myself to blame. And Facebook! And the snow..I'll blame some of this on that horrible white stuff outside.
Enough whining though. I need to pick myself back up and find that fever pace. I also need to start getting out of the house again!
Today I did just that and spent a wonderful afternoon with my friend, The Worthy Cook. It was so nice and refreshing to just sit and BS with someone with much the same outlook as me. I did feel a little guilty watching her slave away making her cupcakes, but I had my own little cupcake to keep my eye on...she has started crawling, so it's not quite as layed back as it used to be!
From here on out, I refuse to give in to the laziness that took over most of my January. I will stand up and give it a good swift kick in it's lazy ass along with one for myself and I welcome a good one from anyone willing.
Here's to motivation!


On a side note...this my 25th post! Yay! That is all.

2 comments:

  1. I feel just like that so much. I spend a lot of my days wishing I had the motivation to do something above the norm! But it is what it is, and I will have my life back soon cuz I can't mope for ever... Thanks for letting all us know that we are no alone! I miss you every day and I wish we could be closer to help eachother out in this slow time. HUGS AND LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *mwuah* Loved having you guys over and WILL do it again!! Promise!

    ReplyDelete